Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sun Chips


So, believe it or not, yesterday was a breeze. Making dinner last night didn't pose too many problems either. Maybe it was because I left after I was sure everything was already cooking in the oven...watching them eat would have been torture!

Whenever I cook, which is a great passion of mine, I taste everything. I caught myself many a times food to lip and had to say no, habitual taster, no! Naughty conditioned nibbler! And I did catch myself and I was a true-blue cleanser. So that was that. I weathered the storm!

Today has been my first real day of elimination, this is where it gets gorey, by the way...and well, it hasn't been too crazy. Just relieving, in a way. I feel pretty energized overall and not at all hungry, like not even the slightest, which is nuts. However, I do have cravings. For example, I just had a meeting with my boss and the whole time, he was ripping through a bag of cheesey sun-chips. I literally found myself hanging on his every word, or more accurately, his every chip. And the smell! Oh, yum! What aromatic yumminess it was. And every crunch...music to my ears.

Let's just say that my sense of smell and taste are incredibly intense due to this cleanse. I am just so aware of food...everywhere! It's so social too, people do it together...and now I am that girl in the corner with a jug of pee-looking liquid, smelling kinda weird (yes, you give off an odor when you are cleansing, and mine is kinda garlicy...which I oddly like). It's an experience, I'll tell you that much. So in summary, here are some of the effects I am feeling: I am a VIP member of the bathroom, I am giving off an oddly pleasant garlic aroma, and I have been gifted with a very keen sense of smell. All in all, not too bad. No hunger yet, but my stomach has been growling quite a bit.

Anyways tonight I have to work, which will, no doubt, be hard. I work at an Italian restaurant where I pretty much love to snack on homeade bread, roasted rosemary potatoes, and cherry coke to my heart's delight. Tonight will be purely lemonade magic. It will be hard, but I am excited to test my strength. I shall endure because I am strong! (I gotta keep telling myself this).

No comments: