Monday, July 28, 2008

Prime Rib


So, first day of the cleanse! And so far, not so bad. Granted, it is only 3:35 PM on day 1, but hey, I'm still giving myself credit. The lemonade mix actually does a good job of supressing any hunger. Although, I do have cravings. Actually, I really need to stop cruising the Food Network website. I'm already thinking about how I am going to reward myself!

So this weekend was "Ease In" weekend. Saturday, it was all veggies and fruit, although I did have two tablespoons of organic peanut butter because I wanted the energy boost between jobs. Sunday, I started with juiced oranges mixed with distilled water...and then I stuck to juiced carrots, celery, and apples to prepare my body for a liquid diet. All was well until we started cozying up and watching movies...and then came the rain. So it was full-fledge movie time equipped with rain, a cozy couch, and some snuggle time...it was almost unbearable without snacks. So I made some killer cookies. Chocolate chip, butterscotch, macadamia nut, to be precise. Then I ate four! I also ate some vanilla ice cream swirled with lucious rasberry and pomegranate...and it was well worth it! It might have done a number on my tummy before the cleanse, but it totally completed the whole experience. I figured it was a last hoorah! So that was the night before my Master Cleanse...one last killer party before I purify myself.

So back to today, I woke up early and eerily cheerful about what's to come. I prepped my magic lemonade and then..the Salt Water Cleanse, which is a little intense (you essentially have to chug a quart of warm salt water), but I did it with no problem, gagging only once. The day has been far from a challenge, but mind you, it is only the first day. Tonight might be a challenge, I have plans to cook dinner for some friends. Prime rib! I'm excited to see what it's like. I enjoy the mental as well as physical challenge that this cleanse may pose. Or is this torture? We will find out...

No comments: