Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Going Strong


Wow. I am really craving a bagel sandwich right now at this very moment. So anyways, Day 9 of the Master Cleanse, and I have been true to it every step of the way. What a way to instill discipline into your life! I mean, for real. I am proud that I have made it so far. I am excited that I am challening my mind and body. And mostly, I am ready to reap the rewards that are supposed to come AFTER THE CLEANSE IS DONE.

So, in general, I feel good today. There are moments where I am bursting with energy and then there are times that I am definitely dragging. I am bored of liquids and am dying for something solid. It's strange; I'm not hungry...exactly, I just want to eat something, anything, for that matter.

Here are a few thoughts about my first-ever cleansing experience:

My sense of smell is astounding.

So far, on this liquid cleanse, I don't need food; just seeing it, talking about it, or smelling is good enough. It's hard to explain, but it helps me experience it without doing it.

Food is a social convenience.

People are wary of cleanses.

People don't understand the desire to detox; they want to pass it off as a fad or crash diet.

Cleansing is enlightening, and if you allow it, it can be spiritual.

Cleansing is an individual experience. I would suggest doing it alone. You need to be self-motivated and self-contained in a lot of ways.

You need to want it for the right reasons.

More to come later, one more day and then I enter "Easing" back in to eating solids!

No comments: